Why Windshield Repair Makes Sense:
Advantages of rock chip repair compared to replacement.
Did you know?
You have a choice when it comes to a broken windshield. You can either pay to get your windshield replaced, or you can save money and help the environment by getting rock chip repair instead.
Windshield repair is a simple and cost-effective alternative to replacement.
The process of repairing cracks and chips in your vehicle’s windshield. A windshield consists of two layers: the outer layer, which is made from laminated safety glass, and the inner layer, which is made from a vinyl resin. The outer layer is designed to absorb impact in case of a crash, while the inner layer provides structural support for the entire assembly.
Advantages of Rock Chip Repair
- Environmentally friendly, as windshields are not recycled.
- Does not break the original seal of the windshield.
- A repair takes 30-45 minutes compared to two hours for most windshield replacements.
- The price to repair a windshield is a fraction of the cost of replacement.
- More than 10 million windshields are repaired every year.
Repair is a much better option than windshield replacement in some cases for a number of reasons. It is cheaper, faster, and leaves a smaller ecological footprint. When you compare the two options, it is clear that repair is the superior choice when it is the available.